This is the all-time winner item for my son and his friends.
• 250 gr light brown sugar, pack firmly
• 125 gr margarine, heated to become liquid
• 4 eggs
• 300 gr chocolate, heated to become liquid
• 125 gr beet, cooked, skinned and mashed
• 125 ml milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 500 gr all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ¼ teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Frosting (optional)
• 1 pack cream cheese
• 200 gr confectioners’ sugar
• 125 gr unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven minimal 10 minutes. Brush cake mould with melted margarine.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat brown sugar with the melted margarine until creamy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each egg is added.
4. Beat in melted chocolate, beet, milk and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Beat until smooth
5. Pour the batter into the cake mould and bake until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the centre (about 35 – 40 minutes). Let the cake cool for 5 minutes in the pan before turning it out onto a rack to cool completely.
6. Frosting: beat all the frosting ingredients together until smooth.
I usually cut the cake into rectangular slices and spread the frosting between the slices so it’s easier to pack and not messy.
I don’t proclaim myself to be the most diligent cooking mom, nor do I want to be. I’m happy and content to just be able to occasionally pack a healthy and cool lunch box for my son.
Resep ini nyontek dari sini